It's the New Year, which means it's time to think about what we want from the next 365 days, and here at Wetpaint Entertainment, that means thinking about what we're hoping for from our fave TV shows. So being in the spirits, we've come up with our top five wishes for Once Upon a Time in 2014.
1. The focus on the emotions continue. We were very pleased with how the first half of Season 3 put the focus back on the emotional core of the show, with lots of emphasis on the complicated family relationships. Keep that up, show!
2. Not too many new characters. We love meeting Once Upon a Time's take on all sorts of fairy tales and stories, but it often comes at the expense at the characters we already know and love. We hope the writers continue to try to hit the right balance, adding a few strong new characters without overwhelming us with fresh faces.
3. More bold twists! We love that this show is willing to take big risks, like they did in the Season 1 finale with breaking the curse, and then again in the Season 3 midseason finale by making Emma lose her memories. It's exciting and keeps the show fresh, and we want more of that.
4. More Aurora and Mulan. While there are lots of OUAT ships we enjoy, this is the one that's most exciting to us, because it would be great to have more LGBT representation on the show. We hope we learn more about Mulan's apparent feelings for Aurora, and if they're returned.
5. Renewal! Obviously, we hope the show gets a Season 4. Based on the current ratings we're feeling pretty good that it will, but you can never be too sure.
What do you want to see for OUAT in 2014? Let us know in the comments below!