It’s finally here! The trailer for season 4 of Game of Thrones was released last night, and as expected, it’s filled with awesomeness. Here are the bits from it that have us, as fans of the A Song of Ice and Fire Books, most excited.
Warning: This article contains spoilers from the A Song of Ice and Fire book series. Click away now if you don't want to know!
1. The Red Freakin’ Viper. Newbie Oberyn Martell is all over the trailer, which is great because he’s one of our favorite character from the A Song of Ice and Fire books. We see him swaggering about, squaring off against the Mountain, and telling Tyrion that the Lannisters aren’t the only ones who pay their debts. Stark supporters, it’s time to get out your Team Martell flags.
2. Arya and Needle. We barely glimpse everyone’s favorite Stark in the trailer, but when we do, we can’t help but notice she’s holding onto her long lost pal, Needle. Just how is Arya going to be reunited with her sword? We’ll have to wait and see, but we’re betting it’s the beginning of an even darker path than the one she’s already on.
3. War at the Wall. The Wildlings are storming the Wall, Ygritte included. Jon Snow is leading the defense. And noted Night’s Watch jerk Alliser Thorne is there for good measure. This is going to be amazing.
4. Dany’s Rule. It looks like Dany’s going to settle into her role as Queen of Mereen in Season 4, and with her new role come some new challenges. Mainly, she’s going to find out that breaking a millennia old slave trade isn’t so easy.
5. Whatever’s Going on with the Greyjoys. Wait, Theon’s in full armor and looking healthy? His sister Yara is in a big canoe? We’re gonna be honest here, the show has really diverted from the Greyjoy storyline of the books, and that has us pretty excited because we have no idea what’s going to happen to them.
What were your favorite parts from the new trailer? Sound off in the comments!