The Liars lost Ali's diary to "A" on Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 15 ("Love ShAck, Baby!"), and the consequences could be dire. Will our Liars be able to get to Ali before "A" does? The promo for Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 16 (“Close Encounters”) gives us some clues to go on.
We've taken a close look at the promo to see exactly what it reveals, so read on for all the hints we found!
1. Ali wants to meet Emily. The promo opens with Emily telling Spencer, "Ali wants to meet me tonight." And yes, as we learn at :04, that means Emily and only Emily. Though, as Spencer seems to be pointing out, it seems a bit suspicious that Ali would want to only see one Liar. Is this a trap?
2. Hockey stick? At :03 we see all four Liars together. Most interesting to us, Spencer is holding a hockey stick. The last time we saw one of those, her father was burning it. Could this be a flashback (doesn't look like it, style wise, but it's hard to tell)? Does Spencer have it as a weapon?
3. "The clues are all there." The promo says this in voice over, while showing a shot of Spencer looking through a folder and Aria holding some sort of note. Will one of the Liars get closer to figuring out that Ezra is up to no good?
4. Ezra gets angry. At: 07, we see Ezra hit a car and yell, "This isn't over!" — and Jake happens to see it. That's bad news for Mr. Fitz.
5. Should Aria be afraid of Ezra? Jake, who seems to be one of the few people in town who doesn't hold on to secrets for a long time, appears to tell Aria about what he saw. At :11 he tells Aria that he's always wondered if her ex was the reason she was seeking out karate lessons, but at :16 she insists she's not afraid of Ezra. Well, actually Aria, you might be — you just don't know it yet.
6. Emily in church. At :12 we see Emily in the church, alone. Is that where she goes to meet Ali?
7. A small clue. At :13 all four girls gather around a magnifying glass, which almost certainly means they either found a small clue, or "A" left them a tiny message.
8. Too late! "You're too late" says a message from "A" at :14. Too late to save Ali, maybe?
9. Is Ali trying to divide the Liars? "Alison's trying to divide us!" Spencer insists at :18. Could that be true? Is Ali stull up to her old games?
10. The meeting happens! At :20 it looks like Emily really and truly does meet with Ali — but the rendezvous is interrupted, potentially by Ezra himself.
11. Emily in trouble. The promo ends with Emily beating on what looks like an elevator door. "Open up, please!" she begs. Uh-oh, looks like trouble.
Check it out yourself here!