If you've been desperate to see Ali in action, it sounds like Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 16 (“Close Encounters”) is the episode you've been waiting for. Finally.
The Canadian promo of the episode reveals some juicy info about what we can expect to go down when we tune in tomorrow, January 21, 2014, so we've taken a close look to see what info we can squeeze out of it.
1. A message for Emily. The promo opens with Shana (hello again) telling Emily she has a message from Alison. We knew that was coming because of the episode synopsis, but it's still a shock to see another character talk about Ali as if she knows she's alive. Why is Ali working with Shana, of all people? Or is this just a trap?
2. Emily meets with Ali! Speaking of Alison, at :09 we see Emily actually meeting with her (yes!). She wants to know who Ali's hiding from, but Ali emphasizes that while she once thought she knew who was after her, she was "wrong." Could she really be as in the dark as the Liars?
3. Another Ezria scene. At :10 we catch a glimpse of what appears to be another Aria and Ezra scene.
4. Aria defends Ezra. In the American promo, we learn that Jake sees Ezra getting angry, and asks Aria if Ezra is the one she's afraid of. Here, at :11, Aria defends her love, telling Jake, "the Ezra I know, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body." Yeah, well, sorry to break it to you Aria, but the Ezra you know is not the real thing.
5. Hot workout sesh. At :13, we see someone (we assume Jake, though the angle makes it hard to tell) beating a workout dummy, hard. Best part? The guy in question is shirtless. Thank you, show.
6. Spencer does some more investigating. At :15, we see Spencer going through some files, much to her father's chagrin. Awesome. The more Hastings family drama we have, the better.
7. Ali is gone. At :17 we see the girls in a yellow room, which we're going to guess is at the Bumble Bee Inn. "If Ali was here, where did she go?" Hanna asks. "Maybe she fought 'A' off and got away," Emily suggests, optimistically. "Yeah, or he took her somewhere else," Spencer, the realist, adds.
There is a shot at :04 of a door closing, and it has "You're too late - A" scratched into it. We're pretty positive that's from this scene, which suggests that Spencer's theory is more accurate than Emily's.
Watch it for yourself here, and then sound off with your own thoughts in the comments: