We finally got to see Ali on Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 16 ("Close Encounters"), and the meeting left us with more questions than answers. Will the Liars get any closer to understanding what's going on next week? The promo for Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 17 ("Bite Your Tongue) gives us some clues to go on.
We've taken a close look at the promo to see exactly what it reveals, so read on for all the hints we found!
1. Mona's back! The promo opens with Mona, who's all dressed up for some reason, running into (or meeting up with) Aria and Emily. We've missed you, Mona.
2. Aria doesn't trust her. "When it comes to me and my friends, you always have an agenda," Aria tells Mona at :05. "Suck it up Aria," Mona responds. Seriously, guys — we’re so happy she's back.
3. Emily at night. At :06, Emily sits up in her bed at night. It looks like she's heard something. "A"? Alison? A false alarm?
4. There's been a setback. "There's been a setback, re: Alison," "A" types to someone. So there we go: confirmation that the "A" team is still, well, a team. Maybe Ezra is just part of it, but not at the head?
5. Mona and Ezra have another scene together. We see Mona entering Ezra's classroom at :08, which is very exciting. We loved the one scene they've had together so far. Do you think this is the "dangerous alliance" the voiceover refers to? At :20 Ezra tells her, "People get what they deserve. Eventually." Hmm.
6. Spencer continues investigating. At :10 we see Spencer examining what appears to be a photo of Ali's journal that she took on her phone. We love that this girl never gives up.
7. Emily in danger. At :06 we see Emily yelling from a broken window, "There's somebody in here!" At :13 we can see she's in what appears to be the school. "Get me out of here," she yells. We also see "A" running around the same area at :17. Things are looking bad for Em. Again. But at least it looks like she fights back at :19.
8. Hanna investigating. At :12, we see Hanna quickly looking through some files. She seems to be in full on detective mode this season.
9. A message from a tooth. OK. This is creepy. At :15, the Liars remove something from Hanna's tooth. Based on the next shot at :16, it appears to be a message from "A": "Stop looking." "Who is this monster?" Aria wonders at :18. At :21 we see how this comes to be: it looks like "A" drugs Hanna. Jeez. New level of totally creepy right there.
Check it out yourself here!