5 Weird Facts About Real Housewives’ Kyle Richards
Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know that Kyle Richards can do the splits, but here are five things you might not have known about her:
1. Kyle once starred in a movie about a murderous car. Seriously. Kyle made a number of TV and film appearances as a child, including a 19-episode run on Little House on the Prairie. But our favorite selection from young Kyle’s resume is the 1977 James Brolin film The Car, which is about an evil automobile that embarks on a murderous rampage. Sadly, we did not make that up. We’re just glad Real Housewives worked out for Kyle, so she doesn’t have to ever consider starring in The Car 2.
2. She married her first husband — not Mauricio — at age 19! Kyle and Mauricio seem like a perfect match, but Kyle’s first marriage didn’t work out quite as well. She got married at age 19 to Guraish Aldjufrie, while she was pregnant with her daughter Farrah. Kyle and Guraish married in 1988 and were divorced two years later. Farrah still keeps in contact with her dad, who lives in Indonesia.
3. She recently has had a long run on ER and appeared as herself on The Simple Life. Kyle and her sister Kim Richards both had success as child actors, but Kyle has also managed to get acting work as an adult. In fact, she appeared as Nurse Dori in 21 episodes of ER spanning from 1998 to 2006. Yes, that means that she knows John Stamos. Consider us officially jealous.
Kyle also recently returned to acting with a guest spot on the soap opera Days of Our Lives, as we see on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Even after all these years since she first started acting, it's pretty clear that Kyle's a natural!
4. She converted to Judaism when she married Mauricio. Kyle’s husband Mauricio is of Greek and Russian descent, and was raised Jewish while growing up in Mexico. So when he married Kyle — who is of Irish and Welsh descent — in 1996, Kyle converted to Judaism. Then again, if it were up to us, we wouldn’t let anything get in the way of a chance to marry Mauricio!
5. She’s met the President! Kyle is used to hobnobbing with famous people, considering her past as a child actor, not to mention that her niece is Paris Hilton. But it’s safe to say that all of that pales in comparison to whom she got to meet in fall of 2011: President Barack Obama! The two chatted a bit at a fundraiser at the House of Blues in L.A, and Kyle learned that Michelle Obama watches Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! If it’s good enough for the White House, it’s good enough for us.