Each week of NBC’s reality weight loss hit The Biggest Loser is a window into the lives of ordinary Americans looking to drop a few pounds. And while viewers get emotionally attached to the contestants, they’ve also embraced one permanent figure on the show, host Alison Sweeney.
While Alison has won over audiences with her sweet ways since she began hosting in 2007, there’s still much to learn about the 37-year-old television personality. We’ve done a bit of research into this blonde bombshell, and you may be surprised by what you learn.
Scroll down for five things to know about your reality show host:
1. She’s been in more than 1,600 episodes of Days of Our Lives. While many celebs freak out when their show hits 100 episodes (it is a huge milestone), Alison has the privilege of working in daytime television, which means 100 episodes happened a long time ago. According to her IMDB page (as of January 28, 2014), Alison has been in 1,635 episodes of Days of Our Lives — putting her only in fifth place. Yes, four other people have been on the show longer than her. In fact, Deidre Hall has clocked in 2,123 episodes (as of the same date checked). Alison’s been on the show since she was 16, but recently announced that she’s leaving later this year after putting in 21 years on the soap. You rock, girl.
2. She’s written four books! Alison began her writing career back in 2005 when she penned All The Days Of My LIfe (so Far), which chronicled her career in daytime television from when she started at the age of 16 and the many crazy things her character, Sami Brady, did. Since then she’s written The Mommy Diet (2011), The Star Attraction (2013), and Scared Scriptless: A Novel — which will be released on June 3, 2014. This lady is talented!
3. She’s not an only child. OK, so that’s not a groundbreaking fact, but it’s more about what her and her siblings, Ryan and Sten, did to keep each other in line that makes her life as a child so interesting. According to her IMDB page, “The elder sibling(s) would tell the younger one that s/he (the younger sibling) had been left at the Sweeney home by gangsters; and that if the younger "sib" didn't behave, the elder "sib(s)" would take him/her back to prison. (And it worked, too.).” That’s kinda weird, but if it works, it works! Alison may also suffer from middle child syndrome, since she is bookended by brothers.
4. She’s very athletic. According to her IMDB page, Alison enjoys swimming, kickboxing, and gymnastics. In fact, she can do a “mean back-handspring.” Wowza, sounds like hosting The Biggest Loser is a great fit for this quasi-Olympian. Also important to note: She loves to garden.
5. She’s a mommy! Fans of the show will remember the seasons on which Alison had a baby bump, but since her kids are the most important part of her life, we thought you should know about them. Her first child, Benjamin Edward Sanov, was born on February 25, 2005. Her second child, Megan Hope Sanov, was born on January 12, 2009. Alison is an all-star. Not only does she balance a soap opera career, a love life with hubby David, and hosting The Biggest Loser, she’s also a mommy of two. So adorable!
Are you a fan of Alison Sweeney? Hit the comments and let us know how much you love her!