Pretty Little Liars is on a roll, with two action-packed episodes that delivered big thrills and even bigger answers. Will Season 4, Episode 18 (“Hot for Teacher”) continue the trend? We certainly hope so, and the episode's promo is definitely promising.
In fact, there's a lot to learn about the episode from this preview, so we've taken a close look to see what it reveals.
1. Hanna finds out Spencer's theory. The promo opens with Hanna telling Spence, "You've gotta be on crack if you think Ezra is 'A'." More like Adderall, Han, but close. (Actually, we do wonder if this line is a hint that Hanna learns about Spencer's new habit as well as her latest suspicions, but that might be reading too much into it.)
2. Spencer is going to prove it... We see more shots of what appears to be the same scene throughout the promo. "Either I prove it, or I'm wrong," Spencer tells Hanna at :05, suggesting that this time, instead of blindly accusing anyone who does something even slightly suspicious, she's going to make sure she's on the right track before breaking Aria's heart.
"You're really serious about this, aren't you?" Hanna realizes at :10. Yes, Hanna. Yes she is.
3. ...Even if it drives her crazy. As we see throughout the promo, Spencer's new mission seems pretty all consuming. There are many shots of Spencer sitting at a computer or sorting through printed pages, looking distressed and exhausted. She's definitely pushing herself to the limit.
4. Ezra at the lair. At :05 we see Ezra (or at least a man who looks a lot like him from behind) sitting down at "A"'s bank of surveillance computers. Next there are shots of the computers in the lair, which are filled with pics of the Liars. Those images are intercut with shots of Ezra staring ahead, as if reading the screen. Unless this is a really misleading promo, that means we'll finally get to see Ezra back at work in the lair.
5. "The more dangerous he becomes." The promo also teases that, "The closer she gets, the more dangerous he becomes."
6. Emily and Shana. At :15, we see that Emily is visited by someone we're pretty sure is Shana. Based on the official synopsis of the episode, we think Shana is there with a message from Ali. Bad news, though: "A" gets a photo of this moment.
7. Call Aria! "We have to call Aria," Emily insists at :16. Is this because Spencer has come up with more evidence implicating Ezra, or is it about something else? Either way, at :17, Spencer replies, "No!"
8. Aria runs into Ezra. At :17 we see Aria walking around a dark bedroom. At :18 she says "Ezra?" and then is shown jumping when she runs into him. Has she been clued into his evil yet?
9. Emily with money. At :20 we see Em looking through a wad of cash. What's up with that?
10. Ezra and Spencer’s showdown. There's an actual Spencer and Ezra scene, too! At :13 we see Ezra tell Spence, "You thought I wouldn't figure out what you've been up to," and at :21 he says, "sloppy work leads to consequences. I'd hate to see you suffer." We're about 97 percent sure this conversation is about Spencer's schoolwork, and potentially her use of study drugs — though, of course, it's very likely that Ezra is also trying to imply that he knows about her spying. But we highly doubt he'd confront her about that directly.
Check it out yourself: