The Liars are on a roll uncovering clues, but Spencer's new drug habit is finally going to catch up with her in the long anticipated black and white episode, Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 19 (“Shadow Play”).
What will happen when we enter Spencer's heightened vision of the world in film noir? The promo for the episode gives us some clues.
1. A meeting with Ali. We'll get a meeting between the Liars and Ali, who questions "are you sure about that?" when Aria says the Liars want her back. Is that supposed to hint at Ali's distrust of some of her friends, or does it mean that Ali coming back would be bad for the Liars? We could see it going either way.
2. A moment of shock. At :07 the Liars and Ali all turn to look at something. Their expressions are concerned. Has someone interrupted their meeting?
3. Alison vs. Spencer? At :14 we see more from the same scene. It looks like Ali is going to hit one of the Liars (Spencer?), but Hanna grabs her arm and tells her, "Don't even think about it." Then, at :21 we see a different scene between Spencer and Ali. Spencer asks Ali, "Can I get one straight answer about anything?" "Maybe you should be the one I'm afraid of," Ali replies.
4. Showdown? At :08 Emily and Hanna back up as someone approaches them. But is it just us, or does Hanna look like she's smirking? Based on this short clip, it seems like this moment could almost be seductive...
5. A dramatic kiss. At :09 we see a gorgeous dramatic kiss by a window. The figures are silhouetted so it's hard to tell who it is, but it looks like both figures are wearing dresses, so it could be Emily and Paige, who are supposed to be featured this episode.
6. Who's afraid? "Maybe you're afraid of finding out the whole truth," Aria tells someone. Is she talking to Spencer?
7. What's up with Toby? The next shot shows Toby. Does Spencer perhaps start to have some doubts about exactly how much she can trust her boyfriend? If the pills make her extra paranoid, we could see her mind returning to the bad place she experienced when she thought Toby was on the "A" team for evil reasons. At :17, Toby is grabbing Spencer's wrists and telling her to "snap out of it!"
8. What's Mona's plan? "You're setting us up for something," Spencer accuses Mona at :12.
9. Does Spence spill about Ezra? At :16 we see Spence say, "You can't trust him" in a hushed voice. Ali is standing behind her. Is that who she's talking to, or does she finally dish the harsh truth to Aria? Given that the next shot is Aria turning around, looking shocked, we're hoping for the latter. Bring on the emotional breakdown!
10. Aria and Ezra? At :19 we see Aria approach a silhouetted man who we hope/assume is Ezra.
Watch it for yourself here, and then sound off with your own thoughts in the comments: