Warning: This article contains spoilers from the A Song of Ice and Fire book series. Click away now if you don't want to know!
Game of Thrones seems to get bigger and better every year, and if things go the way we think they will, that trend will continue in Season 4.
Based on what we know from A Song of Ice and Fire books, the book series Game of Thrones is based on, along with the footage we’ve seen of Season 4, here are our top 5 reasons why this season is going to be the best yet.
1. No more Joffrey! Everyone looking forward to some kind of justice from the Red Wedding, get ready. Joffrey’s going to be poisoned and die at his own wedding, making his death one of the sweetest examples of irony ever seen on television.
2. The Red Viper! New character Oberyn Martell is a total badass, and he hates the Lannisters even more than the Starks do, so we’re psyched for his arrival on the show. Plus, his duel with the Hound’s ridiculous brother, the Mountain, should be the best fight the show will ever have.
3. War at the Wall! All this wildling/Night’s Watch tension finally boils over, when the wildlings launch a full-scale invasion of the Wall, and it’s up to Jon Snow to lead a rag tag crew against Ygritte and friends. Things are going to get violent, emotional, and giants may be involved. We can’t wait.
4. Littlefinger becomes even more sinister! Remember in Season 3, Episode 6, when Littlefinger gave that creepy monologue at the end of the episode about chaos being a ladder, and we all thought, “Wow, Littlefinger is for real”? Well, we should learn just how much of a mastermind Littlefinger is in Season 4, with likely reveals that he was behind Joffrey’s poisoning, and the poisoning of Jon Arryn that started all of this nonsense, and he’s going to straight up murder Lysa Arryn after marrying her. Littlefinger be crazy.
5. Jaime’s awesomeness grows! We’ve watched Jaime Lannister grow from hated villain to beloved hero, and next season he should blossom into everyone’s favorite character when he finally turns on Cersei. We mean, we couldn’t fully get behind him while the Queen Regent was still in his good graces, but once these two start fighting, we’re Team Jaime all the way.
What are you looking forward to in Season 4? Sound off in the comments!