Things are looking up for Callie (Sara Ramirez) in her personal life on Grey's Anatomy Season 3, Episode 15, but her professional life is still on a downward spiral thanks to losing Derek's (Patrick Dempsey) sensors to the brain mapping project. And based on the promo for Season 10, Episode 16 (“We’ve Gotta Get Out of This Place”), Callie isn't going down without a fight.
Yep, it's time for the docs to lawyer up again! Oh, and it's not just Callie and Derek who might have a legal dispute: Mama Avery is not happy April and Jackson didn't have a prenup, and she wants to fix that, pronto. Here's what the promo for the episode tells us to expect from next week:
1. April doesn't care about Jackson's money. The promo opens with April telling Jackson, "I don't want your money, I want you!" Yeah, that seems pretty obvious. First of all, she's a surgeon, so she's probably not exactly hurting for cash herself. Plus, if she'd been after Jackson's money all along, she definitely would have played their relationship differently. The real question is why does she have to go chasing after him to say this?
2. Mama Avery is not happy. While it's obvious to us that April’s intentions with Jackson are honest, we're not surprised that at :02 Catherine Avery presents a shocked Jackson and April with some legal forms, presumably some sort of post-nup agreement. Catherine is one tough cookie who knows how to protect the Averys. "I have no idea what you're after," she says at :03. Poor April. This is probably not the warm welcome into the family she was hoping for.
3. Callie is going after Derek. At :06 we see Callie and Derek in a meeting, with Owen acting as mediator. "I will have you prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law," Callie warns. Huh. That seems a little dramatic. At most Callie and Derek's dispute over the sensors is about patents and rights — it's not like Derek is going to be prosecuted for criminal charges or something. Right?
4. But does she have a case? "I'm not going to be bullied!" Callie declares at :10. "You don't have a case!" Derek shouts back. (You can see more from this scene here.)
5. What's "Over"? At :13 Jackson angrily declares, "It's over!" The promo then cuts to April looking very hurt. We're probably supposed to think Jackson is talking about their marriage, but we'd bet good money that he's actually talking to his mom about the little meeting she called, or her attempt to make them sign some sort of legal paperwork at all.