1. KeKe tries to be positive. After Angie Stone’s daughter Diamond unknowingly interrupts the divas’ meeting for their one-night only concert, KeKe makes way as if she’s leaving, but instead hops on the drums to give an impromptu drum solo. The divas are delighted by this and join in, creating a little musical jazz session of their own.
2. Meelah Williams works on relaunching her image. Meelah meets with one of Atlanta’s many choreographers to work on rebuilding her stage presence and movement. While there, the choreographer asks if Meelah would do her the favor of performing at a charity event she’s hosting. Meelah agrees to do it, and even says she’ll bring the other divas along.
3. Monifah gets the fat sucked out. Monifah gets ready to for her liposuction surgery and her partner, Terez, is worried. Finally the day of the operation comes and Terez is on pins and needles as the reality of it all finally sets in for Mo. On the table, Monifah is given local anesthesia which keeps her awake throughout the process. At one point, Monifah tells the doctors that she feels funny, but it turns out it’s just the drugs making her loopy. The doctors suck out the fat from Monifah’s body (in front our eyes) and we see her come out of the procedure slightly dazed, but completely fine.
4. KeKe sees a shrink. KeKe and her mom, Lorna, do a little retail therapy and KeKe tells Lorna that she should try speaking to a shrink. Lorna agrees to go, even though she doesn’t think she really needs the help. KeKe offers to go with her mom for support and the two make a date.
Later, at therapy, KeKe reveals that she’s tired of her mother’s controlling behavior and excessive negative attitude. Lorna admits that she is unhappy, but treats KeKe the way she does because she doesn’t want KeKe’s life to be ruled by her children like hers was. KeKe tells her mom that she loves her and if she wants to continue therapy, she will pay for her. Lorna accepts.
5. Angie mends fences. Angie has her daughter, Diamond, meet with her at a studio under the guise that they will be working on a song together. In actuality, Angie plans on giving the song to Diamond. The two have a chat and Angie tries to assure her daughter that she’s doing her best to heal the scar tissue between them.
6. The divas dig deep. Looking to get ready for the stage again, Meelah decides to take an acting class to do a little purging. She enlists the help of LaTavia Roberson and the two ladies head off to dig deep. At the purging session, Meelah reveals she was bullied as a child for being dark skinned and called ugly. Moments later, LaTavia drops a bomb revealing that she was molested as a child and felt completely helpless even after telling someone what happened. After the ladies are done purging, the acting instructor tells LaTavia this is the perfect opportunity to find her voice and sing — and LaTavia refuses. Instead, LaTavia decides that opening these old wounds have pushed her to finally confront her mom about what happened.
7. LaTavia has a heart-to-heart. After their purging session, LaTavia and her mother have a little bonding time. It’s during this time that LaTavia tells her mother that she felt helpless about her molestation that started at age 7 and continued on for two years. It took 5 years before anything was done, and LaTavia’s mom admits that she was wrong for not immediately believing that her daughter was being sexually abused. She tells LaTavia that if she had to do it again, she would instantly believe her and for not stopping it earlier, she’s deeply sorry.
What did you think of the latest episode of R&B Divas Atlanta Season 3? Sound off in the comments below!