We have a long summer standing between us and Revenge Season 4, but that doesn't mean we can't think about the next season of our favorite prime time soap. In fact, we think about it all the time!
The Season 3 finale shook things up in a huge way, and to some extent we have no idea what to expect when we tune in this fall. Still, we can't help pondering what we'd like to see from the new season, so we've created this Season 4 wishlist.
Read on for our top five hopes for Season 4, and then let us know what you want to see from the show in the comments below.
1. Make David a major player. Whether or not you like the "David Clarke is alive!" twist, it's here to stay. The writers went all in with this move, and we hope they don't shy away from it now. David is back, so we want to see him in the mix, pursuing his own agenda and shaking things up in a big way.
2. More Nolan and Amanda. Nolan and Amanda's relationship has always been one of our favorite parts of the show, and now that Aiden is gone and David is back, they should rely on each other more than ever. They'll each have a lot of feelings to process over the David situation, and we really hope that they can be there for each other.
3. Get Victoria out of that insane asylum, ASAP. We loved Emily's takedown of Victoria, but Queen V. can't stay out of the picture for long. This twist will give her plenty of new reason to go after Emily, and that's exactly what we want to see — Emily and Victoria clashing heads, not Victoria locked up.
4. More takedowns of the week. The show will never return to the episodic days of early Season 1, and we wouldn't want it to. Still, when we move towards having almost no actual takedowns, it starts to feel like Emily is just spinning her wheels — or worse, is actively incompetent. We need to see her win against smaller targets every now and then.
5. More judicious use of new characters. Revenge is the kind of show that benefits from new characters being introduced; it needs new fuel for the dramatic fire every now and then. But it tends to go overboard, adding character after character only to quickly discard them before their potentially is fully tapped. We'd rather see a few carefully crafted and fully realized newbies who make a huge splash then a ton of characters who only create a few ripples.
What's on your Revenge Season 4 wish list? Let us know in the comments below.