Pretty Little Liars Season 5 kicked things off with some major moments — even a death! We're guessing that next week's Season 5, Episode 2 ("Whirly Girlie") will be a bit less bloody, but with Ali (Sasha Pieterse) returning to Rosewood, it should be at least as interesting.
The promo for the episode is certainly promising, and reveals a lot about how Ali's return will rock the town, so we've taken a close look to find out exactly what we can learn from the preview.
1. The Liars convince Ali to stay. Ali may have given up her plane ride out of the country, but in the first clip of the promo, she's about to board a bus before Emily (Shay Mitchell) grabs her and insists, "You don't have to run anymore." Back to Rosewood for this not-so-dead girl!
2. Ali goes to the police. Of course, you can't just turn up not murdered and expect no one to ask questions, so it's no surprise that we see Ali and the Liars at the police station at :03.
3. Spencer is angry. At :05, Spencer (Troian Bellisario) look furious while talking to Emily. "We're just expected to back up her story?" she complains. Then at :09 we get another clip from the same scene, where Spence adds, "We're back on planet Alison." maybe you shoulda let her get on that bus after all...
4. What is Ali's story? We're guessing that whatever Ali tells the cops isn't what the Liars expected her to say; why else would Spencer be so mad about it? Plus, at :05 we see Aria (Lucy Hale) and Hanna (Ashley Benson) looking surprised about something, followed by a shot of Ali talking to a cop. It's hard to know if these shots are actually connected, but the implication is that Ali spins yet another of her crazy yarns. Perhaps she's not so changed after all...
5. Ali and the bird cage. Why does Ali look so fascinated by the bird cage at :06?
6. Mona and Mike are still together. And Aria walks in on them enjoying a pizza at :08. We think it's safe to say she won't be happy about that.
7. Why does Aria look so worried? There's a series of confusing shots at :10. First Aria looks worried or surprised about something, then she starts messing with a door. What's that about?
8. Ali's disturbed sleep. At :11 we see a shadow leaning over a not-so-sleeping Ali, who bolts upright.
9. Mona vs. Ali! At :13 we get a taste of what promises to be a great Mona (Janel Parrish) vs. Ali scene, with Mona telling her foe, "You're going to wish you stayed dead."
10. Something worth screaming about. The promo ends with all of the Liars looking shocked and Emily screaming. Uh-oh.
Check it out yourself!