Pretty Little Liars Season 5, Episode 3 Spoilers: 9 Things We Learn From the Sneak Peeks
The Liars are back in school on Pretty Little LiarsSeason 5, Episode 3 ("Surfing the Aftershocks"), and we're pretty sure they're going to have a lot more on their minds than just keeping up their grades.
What can we expect this week, as the Liars struggle to deal with Alison's (Sasha Pieterse) latest lie? The sneak peeks from the episode give us some clues.
1. The Liars are back! After a week off, the Liars are back in school, as we see in this clip, where they have a meeting with Principal Hackett.
2. The Liars have to do "their part." In a staggering show of callousness Hackett, after mentioning that the school will do what it can to protect the Liars from the press, says that he girls have to do "their part" to keep disruptions to a minimum. Yes, nothing says "we care about our students" like telling some traumatized teens it's their responsibility to keep on the DL.
3. The Liars are having a hard time pretending things are normal. In this clip, which seems like it takes place right after the meeting with Hackett, Spencer insists the Liars have to pretend to act normal, and Hanna makes it clear that's going to be very hard. Emily agrees: They can't pretend things are normal forever.
4. What are they going to do about Ezra? Spencer brings up an issue: Ezra knows the truth about New York. They need someone to make sure he'll cover up their lie. Will Aria do the deed? In that clip she says no, but we have a feeling she'll come around, which would make for some interesting scenes.
5. Mrs. D's funeral has happened. In that clip Em mentions that Mr. D kept the cops away "before the funeral" but adds "but that's over." Based on the sneak peek pics of the Liars in black dresses we're thinking we see the funeral this week, probably near the beginning of the episode.
6. Who killed Mrs. D? Em thinks they need to come up with something "real" to give to the police for when the cops inevitably discover Ali's kidnapping story makes no sense. You know, like who killed Mrs. D. You know, solve a murder, easy peasy. Hanna and Em think Jason is the obvious culprit, but Spencer isn't having it.
7. Spencer has her eye on the DiLaurentis fam. This final sneak peek opens with Spencer watching the DiLaurentis house. What's she looking for? Or is she just thinking.
8. DiLaurentis vs. Hastings. Melissa enters the scene, and spends most of the rest of the clip talking about how Spencer should stay away from the DiLaurentis family because they hate the Hastings. But why? And is that even true? We know Mrs. D wasn't a biggest fan of her next door neighbors, but what about the rest of her family?
9. Melissa's excuses. Spencer also takes this opportunity to question Melissa about her Toby lie. Melissa claims she only said she saw Toby in London to try to protect Wren, but we're not convinced.
What do you make of these sneak peeks? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.