Alison's (Sasha Pieterse) lie still looms large over the Liars, and the mysteries are piling up. Based on the promo for Pretty Little Liars Season 5, Episode 4 (“Thrown From the Ride”), we can expect next week to be even tenser than this week, as the clock keeps ticking. Will the Liars be able to figure out who killed Mrs. D before the cops figure out Ali's story is totally false?
We've taken a close look at the preview for the episode to find out exactly what we can learn from it.
1. Mona is, well, Mona. The promo opens with Mona (Janel Parrish) creepily eyeing the Liars as they eat lunch in the school courtyard. So, business as usual there. We also see her meeting with Lucas in a darkened room at :10, so clearly Team Anti-Ali is still going strong.
2. Aria is freaking out. "She is seriously freaking me out," Aria (Lucy Hale) tells Spencer (Troian Bellisario) at :03, presumably talking about Mona. Then we see a series of shots showing Aria totally, well, freaking out. (We see what you did there, promo.) At :05 Spencer tells her friend to chill. Is Aria just suffering from post-Shana stress, or is she right to mistrust Mona? She's clearly paranoid, but in Rosewood, that doesn't mean no one's after her.
3. What's on Ali's computer? At :09 we see Spencer quickly take a computer out of Ali's hands. Did Ali find a clue? A threat? Maybe a message from Mona or one of her minions?
4. Why does Em look so worried? At :09 we see Emily (Shay Mitchell) outside her house, looking concerned. Did she hear something suspicious?
5. How did Mrs. D die? At :11 Spencer mentions that the cops need to determine Mrs. D's cause of death. While Hanna's (Ashley Benson) response that the cause was "murder" is funny, the exact details of how she was murdered could end up providing some much-needed clues.
6. Hanna in a changing room. What's going on in Hanna's changing room at :17? We know she's trying a new look these days, but that shot from above at :18 makes us think something more suspenseful than a wardrobe makeover is happening.
7. What can't be unknown? "Once you know something, you can't un-know it" Ali says at :20. Whoever she's talking to looks like a blonde. Hanna? Why does it look like they're in a doctor's office? And is Ali's statement here about something that she already knows (and maybe wishes she doesn't) or a warning, perhaps before she reveals another major secret?
8. Spencer's shock. What has Spencer gasping at :20? And where is she? Is that Jason behind her?
Check it out yourself!