Peaches Geldof’s Cause of Death Ruled a Heroin Overdose By Coroners (VIDEO)
It’s been more than three months since Peaches Geldof was unexpectedly found dead at 25 years old, but coroners have finally found the answers they were looking for. According to new autopsy results, the cause Peaches’ death has officially been confirmed as a heroin overdose.
Pathologist Peter Jerreat tells BBCNews that not only were the levels of heroin in her body high enough to be fatal, but that there were also traces of codeine, methadone, and morphine in her blood. There were also puncture wounds on Peaches’ wrists and thumbs.
And although Peaches had reportedly stopped using heroin in November of 2013, her husband, Tom Cohen, had caught her flushing drugs down the toilet in February. This leads the coroner to believe that she took the heroin the day she died, not expecting that her tolerance to the drug hadn’t built back up yet.
Peaches’ funeral was held on April 21, in the same church where her mother was laid to rest after her own heroin overdose — and the same church she was married in two years ago.
“We are beyond pain,” her father, entertainer Bob Geldof, said after learning of his daughter’s passing. “She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest, and the most bonkers of all of us. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?”