Chyler Leigh Turns 33 — Here’s Why We Still Miss Lexie!
Today, April 10, is Chyler Leigh's birthday! The beloved TV star is turning 33 years old, and to celebrate, we’ve decided to take a moment to honor her dearly departed Grey's Anatomycharacter, Lexie Grey. Yes, it's been a few seasons since we had to say goodbye to Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) lil' sis, but we'll never stop missing her.
In fact, we could come up with a list of 100 reasons we're sad we had to say goodbye, but we decided to keep it to the Top 10. So, enough chatter: here's why we still miss Lexie!
1. Lexipedia! Plenty of other characters know a lot, but no one but Lexipedia had her amazing memory.
2. Optimism. At a hospital where many of the docs are dark, twisty, or damaged in some way, Lexie's upbeat personality was a breath of fresh air.
3. Her relationship with Meredith. Complex, sometimes combative, eventually so, so rewarding.
4. Her ever changing hair. Remember when she went blonde? That was fun.
5. Her relationship with Thatcher. We loved that Lexie, unlike Meredith, had a great relationship with her dad. It forced us — and Meredith — to see Thatcher Grey in a different light.
6. Her "I love you!" speech to Mark. One of the greatest declaration of love on a show full of great declarations of love.
8. That time she wore an diaper. "I am a surgeon. This is America. And I will do what needs to be done."
9. She was hilarious! Chyler Leigh can bring the drama, but she was also great at comedy, and the writers took full advantage.
10. She and Mark were meant to be. Last, but very much not least: To us, Mark and Lexie were always meant to be, and we're still heartbroken we had to say goodbye to them. Seriously. Just try listening to this speech and not sobbing your eyes out. "We're supposed to end up together. We’re meant to be." Be right back, too overwhelmed with emotion to write anymore.
Why do you miss Lexie? Let us know in the comments below.