5 Reasons We’re Pumped to Watch Kalon McMahon on Bachelor Pad 3
Love him or hate him, The Bachelorette’s Kalon McMahon is always entertaining to watch.
From his over-the-top helicopter arrival to his infamous “baggage” comment, when Kalon’s on the screen, people are paying attention. It’s no wonder he was cast on Bachelor Pad 3 — we can’t think of any former contestant better suited for all the conniving, schmoozing and scene-stealing it takes to win.
Here are 5 reasons why we can’t wait to watch Kalon this season:
1. He’s a straight-shooter (sorta). Yes, Kalon needs a filter, but luckily his off-the-cuff remarks usually contain just enough wit, insight and polysyllabic words to lessen the sting of the truth they deliver. However, Kalon’s clearly not trying to be honest on Bachelor Pad, in fact he spends the first episode telling everyone what they want to hear — and then doing whatever he wants instead. Admittedly, we love him all the more for it.
2. He comes with baggage, too. This “luxury brand consultant” (side note: let’s always consult Kalon about all things luxury — the man clearly has a taste for the finer things) comes to Bachelor Pad with his own bit of built-in drama with fellow Houstonian — and former Bachelor Pad 2 winner — Erica Rose. The two know one another from their respective social circles, and we get the sense that each has a little something on the other — it’s just a matter of who’s going to play it against the other first.
3. He’s flattered you follow him on Twitter! He’s live-tweeted episodes of The Bachelorette, and we have no doubt he’ll do the same with Bachelor Pad. Just like Kalon’s persona, his tweets are always entertaining, smart and just a touch condescending. A sampling of why we follow him: “How am I expected to engage in ‘water cooler’ chat about the Bachelorette when my office provides pre chilled bottles of fiji @ your desk?” and “Anyone know where I can get some deeply insightful life advice from thousands of complete strangers?” Indeed we do,@KalonMcM.
4. According to Kalon, Bachelor Pad is less produced than The Bachelorette. Perhaps being one of 25 guys dating one woman in an on-camera bubble doesn’t bring out the best in Kalon — but he’s reassured audiences that his Bachelor Pad experience was much more enjoyable than canoodling with his favorite hoodrat, Emily Maynard. Kalon says BP3 "was like night and day compared to being on The Bachelorette. There's no central character or plot line to the Bachelor Pad, so it's not as manufactured." We think this means more Kalon screen-time — and for that Bachelor Pad, we salute you.
5. Um, this quote from Bachelor Pad 3 Premiere. “Guess what America, your favorite villain is back and I’m going to ruin your f*cking summer.” Bring it, Kalon — bring it.