1. Julie Chen. Anyone who follows Big Brother knows that Julie Chen is the hostess with the mostess. She’s been captaining this ship ever since the very first season. Over the years, she’s garnered a hilarious nickname — the Chenbot — thanks to her laser-point hosting skills. Whether she’s addressing the houseguests from outside the house or consoling a newly-eliminated player, we love Julie.
2. Huge twists. Julie has already dished some of the biggest twists about this season. Recently, on The Talk, she revealed that this season there would be two Heads of Households and four people on the block each week. Also, with the addition of a new challenge called “Battle of the Block,” things are completely changing this year. Apparently, not even being HOH can keep you safe. While we’re worried to find out how things will work, we’re thrilled at the new gameplay.
3. Hookups, challenges, and backstabbing — oh my! Put 16 hot young things together in a house and nature tends to take its course — whether that means romance, rivalry, or turning on each other. Big Brother started as a social experiment and it still continues to be one of the most interesting things to watch on TV.
4. 16 new players — one of whom is Ariana Grande’s brother! Do you love Ariana Grande? We certainly do, so when we saw that her brother was one of the lucky 16 players chosen to compete for $500K this season, we were intrigued. Check out the entire cast here! There’s everyone from a priest to the former janitor at Kellie Pickler’s old high school. We don’t know who will win yet, but we’ll certainly start forming opinions pretty soon!
5. The house. We might not have to live there all summer, but we do visit three times a week! The Big Brother house changes each and every year, usually adhering to a theme. This year? Julie recently revealed that the theme for this year’s house is “urban treehouse,” and we’re absolutely gagging over the design. There’s tons of arboreal images, wood paneling, and certain things that really make you feel like you’re high up in a tree.
Have we convinced you? Then you’ll definitely want to catch the two-night premiere of Big Brother 16, which begins on June 25 and continues on June 26.