5 Things to Know About Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6
The Real Housewives of New JerseySeason 6 is almost upon us! The new season started taping in December, finished filming in early April, and will premiere Sunday, July 13 at 8 p.m. ET on Bravo. A lot has changed on the show since Season 5, so you need to prepare yourself for new faces and completely different drama. Here are five things to keep in mind.
1. The Cast Has Changed. Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita are out, although you can watch them on Manzo’d With Children, when that premieres this fall on Bravo. Kathy Wakile will only be seen part-time on Season 6. Caroline’s estranged sister, Dina Manzo, has returned full-time after a long absence, although she’s going through a big split and her teenage daughter Lexi is graduating from high school. Three newbies were also cast: Identical “funbag twins” Teresa Aprea and Nicole Mauriello, and their “friend” (or so we thought), Amber Marchese.
2. There Are Some Easy Ways to Tell the Cast Apart. We now have two Teresas — one of the new twins, and everyone’s favorite table-flipper, Teresa Giudice. Twin Teresa’s name is pronounced with a soft “e,” though — Tehr-ehh-ssa. So even though the two RHONJ stars have the same name in print, we’ll hear them differently on screen. Also, Nicole and Tehhrehhhhhsssa are identical, but at this point Nicole has slightly lighter brown hair. So at least in the beginning that might help you tell them apart. Teresa is also married to a restaurant owner named Rino, and Nicole is divorced (although she has a boyfriend, Bobby) and lived with her parents after the split.
3. Teresa and Melissa Aren’t Feuding Anymore. Expect an old guard vs. new guard mentality this season, with Teresa Giudice and Melissa Gorga putting aside their drama and letting the newbies do the dirty work instead. On that note…
4. Look Out For Amber. Based on the promos and sneak peeks, it looks like Amber is going to fight with the twins, stir up drama with Melissa — whom she knew previous to the show — and even get her husband, Jim, in on the drama. Amber seems like she’ll be a standout for questionable reasons, but she’s also a cancer survivor who believes in the power of prayer … and hard-core porn.
5. We Will See Teresa and Joe’s Legal Woes. Talk about drama. Teresa and her husband, Juicy Joe Giudice, pleaded guilty to multiple charges of fraud on March 4. They could both face jail time, and their sentencing is scheduled for July 8. Back in February, Bravo’s Andy Cohen talked to TV Guide about Teresa’s legal woes: "With Teresa, we're shooting New Jersey now, and that's very much the reality of what she's going through. It will very much be a part of the show next season. We cover it in the way that we can." However,Teresa’s crisis manager said, “Bravo and the production company treated this with respect,” noting that it was a collaborative effort that preserved the things that needed to be preserved. There were even rumors that Bravo was frustrated with Teresa during filming because she wasn't dramatic enough. Never thought we'd see the day!
Even if Teresa doesn’t amp things up for the cameras, her real-life challenges are dramatic enough. And the new H’wives are going to make sure we have enough great one-liners and classic feuds to make RHONJ feel like old times.
Are you excited for the new season to start?
Catch the Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6 premiere on Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET.