With stylists on-hand and a secured spot on the American Idols LIVE! Tour this summer, life is already great for the elite Top 10 of American Idol 2013. But, of course, only one person can win it all, unless they throw us some Hunger Games-esque curveball at the end.
This year, the talent is so amazing, we could see any of these ten singers winning it all. As resident heartthrob Keith Urban said: “The level of singers tonight is crazy. It's through the roof.” We tend to agree but, nonetheless, we’d like to share our 5 reasons why Amber Holcomb will win American Idol 2013:
1. She’s a girl! As we’ve said all along (and the show has hammered into our brains), it’s a gal’s year to win. As if we’ve all willed it so, the girls showed up this year and have been absolutely killing it, including Amber.
2. America loves an underdog. Amber has been down the Idol road before but was cut in Las Vegas, and she returned this year with a new look and an even more incredible voice. The one thing she seems to waver on a bit is confidence, but the viewers may feel for her and give her votes because of that.
3. As Randy Jackson might say, the girl is mad talented. After she hit the Las Vegas stage to sing “My Funny Valentine,” the judges were nearly speechless in admiration and, likely, the viewers at home were thinking, “Where did this girl come from?”
4. The American Idol judges love Amber. In fact, she not only took on a Whitney Houston song and lived to tell about it, but they loved it. After her performance of “I Believe In You And Me,” Keith said, “Good lord ... what a perfect song for you. Your voice is beautiful.” Nicki Minaj said, “That was a 10. Billion.” Ultimately, it’s the viewers who decide with their votes, but the judges can certainly sway them with high praise like this.
5. Amber is beautiful and, while that’s not the end-all, be-all in a singing competition, the judges do love when these folks have “the whole package.” As Nicki joked after a recent performance, “legs for days” and “pretty little dimples.” We couldn’t have said it better.