After a great performance in the second half of the Top 6 show, country cutie Janelle Arthur could be on her way to the Top 5 on Thursday.
Here are five reasons why we think Top 6 contestant Janelle Arthur could be the one who will win American Idol 2013:
1. WGWGs (White Guys With Guitars)? That’s so yesterday. America wants something new and fresh this year, which is why we think it’s a girl’s time to shine.
2. American Idol Season 12 has gone country, y’all! With all the country singers this season, Keith Urban must be feeling the country pride. Even more so, however, we’ve noticed that controversial judge Nicki Minaj seems to have a fondness for the genre.
3. This Tennessee native has the whole package. An exotic stunner, Janelle is part Native American, part Irish, so her looks are very unique. She’s not only beautiful, she’s one of those hopefuls you just know will look even more amazing when she has a whole staff of hair, makeup, and clothing specialists at her disposal.
4. She’s unflappable! That’s an invaluable quality to have when it comes to not only surviving but thriving on this long-running show. Kez Ban seemed to be coming unglued at every turn during their group performances, but Janelle didn’t show any signs of distress.
5. Janelle is very consistent, and that is crucial in a long competition like American Idol. We’ve yet to see her do anything but incredible performances, and the judges ooze adoration when it comes to her professionalism. She’s been the apple of their eye since the beginning, with her initial audition of “Where the Blacktop Ends” getting Nicki to say, “I think you are really, really special, and you already seem like a star.”
What do you think -- does Janelle have what it takes to be this year’s winner? Who would your pick be?