Okay, y’all, this is getting serious! We’re still recovering from last week’s shocking elimination of cutie pie Colton Dixon, but here’s our look at this week’s Power Rankings:
6. Elise Testone: We’ve been predicting her demise for weeks, but Elise keeps squeaking through by the skin of her teeth. Will this be the week she finally falls? It’s going to take a real showstopper to save her.
5. Hollie Cavanagh: Despite having a pretty strong night last Tuesday, Hollie was still sent to the Stools of Shame. We don’t expect things to get any easier for her this week.
4. Joshua Ledet: He’s got the voice and the stage presence to go all the way, but we’re just not sure he has the type of personality that plays to Idol voters. He’s probably safe for a couple more weeks, though.
3. Skylar Laine: Our Little Country Gal That Could has been coming on strong, and with Colton gone, we think she could make her way into the Top 3. She just needs to keep picking the right songs and she’ll go far.
2. Jessica Sanchez: Her almost-elimination a few weeks ago will almost certainly be mentioned again this week, and that alone should be enough to keep her safe. As long as Jessica avoids picking super-obscure songs and plays to the crowd, she’s safe for a while.
1. Phillip Phillips: Now that Colton’s gone, with think Phillip is going to be just about unstoppable. Once it comes down to the finale, he could lose to Jessica (depending on whether the audience is into vocals or musicianship), but the chances of him not making the Top 2 are extremely slim.