Last night was American Idol 2013’s big reveal of the elite Top 20 hopefuls, and the talent is beyond comparison. While we do think it’s a girl’s year to win, the guys have proved they are bring their “A games” as well. Below is our view on the season 12 American Idol power rankings for the guys:
10. Paul Jolley -- This guy seems to have nine lives when it comes to American Idol, but we think his time is just about up.
9. Elijah Liu -- Although the judges loved his look, none of them seemed to think his vocals were top notch. Being marketable is one thing, but you’ve gotta have the voice, too.
7. Cortez Shaw -- This guy can definitely sing, but he did have a few missteps during Hollywood Week. He’s talented, but we don’t think he’ll make the finals.
6. Nick Boddington -- While his performance of “Stars” at the piano during Hollywood Week was amazing, Nick was a tad bit boring in Las Vegas. We’ll see if he can bring back that spark.
4. Lazaro Arbos -- The Miami ice cream scooper has a compelling backstory, but his vocals are not the best in the competition.
3. Curtis Finch, Jr. -- This guy has been impressing the judges since his initial audition, but we don’t think he’ll make it all the way due to his old-fashioned song choices.