Now that we know who received a highly coveted spot in the American Idol Top 10, it’s time for our power rankings! It’s particularly tough this year, as the talent has reached epic proportions. And, the thing is, it’s not all based on performances now that the viewers are voting. The popularity of these singers in the world of social media has to be factored in as well. So here are our...
Power Rankings for the American Idol 2013 Top 10 Hopefuls...
10. Amber Holcomb -- Although this girl has been amazing thus far and looks incredible, she lacks a bit of confidence, and she doesn’t have very many followers on Facebook.
9. Devin Velez -- The judges have loved this guy, but we’re not sure he will have widespread audience appeal in the long run.
8. Curtis Finch, Jr. -- “You’re one of the best singers in this whole thing,” Randy Jackson told Curtis Finch, Jr. While we believe it, he doesn’t seem to have much of a fan base.
7. Lazaro Arbos -- He’s not the best vocalist and, although he’s very popular online and everyone is pulling for him -- in the end, it’s a singing competition.
6. Burnell Taylor -- This judge fave only has 175 “likes” on Facebook! Unless he and/or his family do a major online push for votes, Burnell may struggle to get to the finals despite his immense talent.
5. Paul Jolley -- The male version of Taylor Swift has narrowly escaped elimination many times already and, somewhere in there, he acquired a faithful following. Country fans are nothing if not loyal.
4. Candice Glover -- If anyone proved they deserved their spot in the Top 10, it was Candice with her stirring rendition of “I’m Going Down” for her victory song. If she can get more of a fan base, she may be in the top 2 but, for now, we’re putting her at #4.
3. Janelle Arthur -- Despite a misstep in the Las Vegas round, this country girl came back strong this past week, and she has quite an online following.
2. Kree Harrison -- This country singer has an unmatched voice, and she has managed to not only be a judge favorite, but a viewer fave as well.
1. Angie Miller -- With 30,634 Facebook fans, a ton of Twitter buzz, solid performances, and a history-making original she sang on the show, this girl, as Randy would say, “is in to win it!”
Who do you think will win it all?