Since Miss J Alexander sashayed into our lives 16 cycles ago, we have come to know and love him on America's Next Top Model. He looks good in heels, he is great at impersonations, and he’s not afraid to speak his mind. Here are 10 things you may not know about the runway diva extraordinaire.
10. Miss J and Tyra Banks have been friends since they met backstage at a runway show when she was 16 years old.
9. He has appeared on various international versions of ANTM, including in Finland and Scandinavia.
8. He's a stickler for good posture. When asked if he advises strangers about their posture, he said, “I told Mischa Barton at a Marc Jacob’s show to sit up straight. She looked at me like I was completely mad. She was sitting in front of me and it was painful to watch her so I put my hand out and pushed the middle of her back, and I told her, ‘You’re hurting my back just looking at you.’”
7. Every outfit Miss J wears on ANTM, he made for himself by hand.
6. Miss J has a non-biological son named Boris, who has “inherited” his father’s fashion genes.
5. Turns out, he dislikes using the word “fierce;” he thinks it’s being misused.
4. He was discovered at a club by the president of Elite Model Management while he was dressed in drag, and she signed him immediately.
3. Miss J, born Alexander Jenkins, grew up in the South Bronx and was the seventh of ten kids.
2. Even though he has lived in Paris since 1991, he considers Italy the most stylish city in the world.
1. Probably most shocking of all, Miss J went to school to be an accountant. It’s almost too bad — that is one profession that could really use a Miss J around.
Sources: Star Publications, NY Daily News, Betty Confidential, T Magazine