You probably know the status of Nigel Barker’s hair on the current cycle of America’s Next Top Model, but how much do you really know about the photographer/philanthropist/Renaissance man? Here are 5 interesting things you might not have known about the handsome ANTM judge.
5. Before he fell into modeling (he was a contestant and finalist on a British model search show...sounds familiar), he planned on continuing his studies in medicine. Nigel’s mom is a former Miss Sri Lanka, which explains why she pushed him into his modeling career.
4. Like Miss J, Nigel has appeared on international versions of ANTM, including in Mexico, New Zealand, and Benelux (some of us learned a new word today).
3. Jay Manuel, who was one of the producers of ANTM at the time, was the person who originally asked Nigel to be on the show.
2. He released a book titled Nigel Barker's Beauty Equation: Revealing a Better and More Beautiful You, which helps the reader discover inner beauty in order to enhance outer beauty. Nigel’s sage advice on being beautiful: have a sense of humor, volunteer and do tons of charity work, tell the truth, and be confident.
1. Along with creating The Shot, a photography-based reality show, he has made cameo appearances on Young and the Restless, Ugly Betty, Stylista, and in the 2011 remake of Arthur.