Today is Tyra Banks’ 38th birthday and we promise, we’re not just saying this: Ty Ty looks exactly the same as she did twenty years ago. Age defiance is just one of the many reasons Miss Tyra makes livin’ life look good. We’re celebrating the top 10 things we love most about the America’s Next Top Model hostess, including her big, beautiful brain.
1. She is a published author: Tyra wrote Modelland, “her baby,” as we learned on this week’s episode of Cycle 17: All Stars, and we have to give it to her: this tome sounds creative.
2. She is a Harvard Business School student. Yes, in between running her fast-expanding company, Bankable Productions, hosting ANTM, and making speaking and media appearances throughout the year, Tyra makes the time to attend an Ivy League university to do it all even better.
3. Tyra Talk: “Tooch your booty,” “smize,” and “pot lodem” are just a few of the most recent additions to the English language, courtesy of Ty Ty.
4. She inspires girls to become women. Jokes aside, we admire Tyra’s endurance and determination in enhancing younger girls’ self-esteem. She genuinely wants to show them how to gain more confidence, and how to overcome their pasts, no matter how traumatic. Check out TZONE to learn more.
5. She’s the weave queen. Have you ever seen anyone pull off a weave like Tyra?
6. Her endlessly eccentric wardrobe of weirdness. We only need to point to her uni-capelet-with-suspenders look at judges’ panel this week judges’ panel to demonstrate how fabulous Tyrawear is.
7. She’s a groundbreaker. Tyra was the first African American woman on the covers of GQ and Sports Illustrated.
8. She wore the best fat suit ever. If you’re like us, you will never forget the day that Tyra put on an enormous and embarrassing pink velour-clad fat suit for Good Morning America.
9. She doesn’t act like she needs a man. Tyra chose to make money on her own rather than finding a rich man who will support her while she pops out babies. In the end, it’s worked out well for Tyra: Her salary is estimated at $23 million annually and she runs an extremely profitable empire. Of course, Tyra does have a boyfriend (banker John Utendahl) but she has never acted like she needed a man to make her millions.
10. She’s a thumbsucker for Tyson Beckford. Above everything, one of the best things Tyra has ever done is suck on Tyson’s thumb like a lollipop on national television. You go, Tyra.
Want more from Wetpaint Entertainment? For all the latest on ANTM, "like" us on our Facebook page at facebook.com/ANTMFansite, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ANTMWetpaint.