There must have been something in the Moroccan air, because there were plenty of good quotes the first night abroad. Check out the Top 10 quotes from America's Next Top Model, Cycle 16, Episode 9 (April 27, 2011).
10. Alexandria: "I'm like a chameleon. I have a gecko at home. He doesn't change colors, but I sure do."
The gecko's survival methods just aren't on par.
9. Alexandria: "Brittani's a really strong competitor because she's basically just like me."
That explains it!
8. Tyra (to Molly): "But you're very aware. Because a model is always aware. That's why we make awful actresses a lot of the time, because they're so aware."
Is she referring to her Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days? Hardly awful.
7. Andre: "Even some of the great models sometimes don't think, but they still make fabulous photos."
We want names, Andre.
6. Brittani (on the desert): "It smells like animals and hay, and I'm like, 'Ah, home sweet home.'"
If you close your eyes and think really hard, the Moroccan desert is just like Pennsylvania.
5. Alexandria (looking at the house in wonder): "It's so not American!"
4. Alexandria: "I did not know a monkey was on me. He was jumping all over my scarf and I was like, I'm gonna wear this, like, every day. Please don't give me ringworm."
And then the monkey laughed at her silly request.
3. Hannah (walking through the marketplace): "I feel like Aladdin."
Who had money on an Aladdin reference in the first ten minutes?
2. Alexandria (after talking about baseball to the photographer): "I'm like, oh my goodness, I probably just said the most stupid thing to a Brit. They don't know what baseball is. I should've made, like, a cricket reference. Or a polo reference."
We're not sure that was the problem.
1. Brittani: "Where I come from, it's really country, really hick. You see a snake, you kill it, you skin it, you eat it. And at the bar I work at, we then hang the skin on the wall."
Whoa. Every time?