Arm Meets Meat Grinder: OMG Moments From Grey’s Anatomy Season 8, Episode 15
Usually it's easy to come up with five shocking moments from each episode of Grey's Anatomy, but we had trouble with this one, even though we had the whole Private Practice episode from which to draw, too. What's wrong with this picture? Maybe that's why this crossover event felt a little less than eventful: there were just not enough surprises. In any case, here are the five we landed upon.
5. A not-so-mighty heart We gotta side with Sam on this one: it does seem a little crazy that Jake didn't realize that his patient Gloria had received a donor heart. We know he said that he didn't ask her to disrobe all the way, but still, isn't that a scar that you'd spot at some point? Wouldn't there be a note in the patient's file? Wouldn't it at least come up in casual conversation? We guess it's all academic at this point, though, since Gloria is dead as a doornail, and the docs can't do nothin' bout it.
4. Erica lives Stupid medical shows toying with our emotions! We can never be too sure in our hunches that a surgery is going to go well or otherwise — after all, Grey's and Private Practice routinely surprise us. Luckily for the Oceanside gang, Derek (Patrick Dempsey) and Amelia were surgical rock stars once again, saving Erica's life and letting Mason keep his biological mother. See, Amelia, your work is so much more successful when you're sober!
3. Sister, interrupted We know Sam getting his sister back and her being all bright and shiny and optimistic was too happy of an ending. And sure enough, the catch was that all Corinne’s euphoria was a result of hypomania, a type of bipolar disorder. And, of course, that diagnosis meant that we could hardly blame Corinne for all of her irrational behavior...but it sure didn't stop Sam!
2. More than physical attraction Okay, now that Addison has admitted to liking Jake for more than his devilishly good looks and striking resemblance to film actor Benjamin Bratt (ha!), we have to start thinking of their relationship conflation. Jaddie? Addijake? Hmm...give us some time to mull this one over.
1. Paging Dr. Sweeney Todd Four words: arm meets meat grinder. And we nearly upchuck the dinner we just put down. And to make matters worse, Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) had to go fishing around in the grinder for all the mangled bits of fingers. Oops, are we making you relive the horror? Let's move on.
Catch an all-new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, February 23 at 9pm ET/PT on ABC.