Corinne Olympios’s Lawyer Reacts to ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ News (UPDATE)
Bachelor-in-Paradise-logo

Bachelor in Paradise

Corinne Olympios’s Lawyer Reacts to ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ News (UPDATE)

by
Shares
Advertisement

Update (6/20/2017 5:56 p.m. ET): Marty Singer, the lawyer representing Corinne Olympios in this scandal, released the following statement to Bustle regarding the news Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 is resuming production:

“It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone.

“It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal Investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”

Keep reading to see how Bachelor Nation is reacting to the news... 

 

Original story (6/20/2017 4:45 p.m. ET): We have a double dose of good news for your Tuesday!

The investigation into Bachelor in Paradise Season 4’s alleged sexual “misconduct” between Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson has concluded, and it's been deemed not assault — phew!

Also, the summer spin-off isn’t D.O.A. after all!

corinne-olympios-bachelor-in-paradise
Credit: ABC video still    

Corinne came forward last week to say she’s “a victim” in the encounter between herself and her castmate, causing the show to be suspended.

corinne-olympios-demario-jackson
Credit: Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images; ABC    

However, her co-stars have told a very different story, claiming she was “fully engaged” and lucid at the time.

And it seems the video footage from June 4 — when their “hookup” took place — proves that account.

TMZ is first to report that, upon reviewing the tapes, the finding was that it wasn’t sexual assault.

Not only that, but DeMario’s lawyer met with the legal team at Warner Brothers — the production company — on Monday, and they assured the 30-year-old he’s in the clear.

DEMARIO

It should be noted that the footage will never be released to the public, so we will have to go on only this for what actually took place that night.

corinne-olympios-rumors
Credit: Instagram    

The real surprise, however, is that filming will continue on Season 4!

 

Though production has been postponed over a week for this probe, sources say they will all return to the same location in Mexico to finish the season.

bachelor-in-paradise-4
Credit: ABC/Rick Rowell    

It's unclear whether this will be combined with the three days of filming they'd already shot, or if they will start over fresh.

Well, most of them — no decision has been made yet on if Corinne or DeMario will be asked back or choose to accept that invitation.

corinne-demario
Credit: TMZ video still    

“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise,’” an ABC rep said in a statement Tuesday.

“Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC,” they concluded.

Warner Brothers also released their own statement, which you can read in full below.

warner-brothers-bip

With this big news, you better believer Bachelor Nation is sounding off on Twitter. We've got people on the production side, like host Chris Harrison and showrunner Mike Fleiss.

chris-harrison-paradise
Credit: ABC    

Many of the Season 4 cast members who were sent home in the days after the "misconduct" report — Raven Gates, Kristina Schulman, and others — are celebrating on social media.

Plus, there are the alums like Jade Roper who are happy to see their beloved alma mater continue. Click through to find out what they're saying!