Former \'Bachelorette\' Producer Sues for Sexual Harassment on JoJo Fletcher\'s Season
JoJo Fletcher on Bachelorette
Credit: Craig Sjodin/ABC Television Group © 2016 Disney    

The Bachelorette

Former ‘Bachelorette’ Producer Sues for Sexual Harassment on JoJo Fletcher’s Season

by
Shares
Advertisement

Remember the whole "sexual misconduct" thing that took place during filming on Bachelor in Paradise this summer? Well, there's a whole lot more where that came from.

Now, a former Bachelorette producer is coming forward with a lawsuit claiming she experienced sexual harassment on the set of JoJo Fletcher's season in 2016.

Becky Steenhoek filed a complaint Monday, October 31, in which she's suing Warner Bros. Television and five producers — two of whom are women — on the Bachelor franchise for them asking her invasive, personal questions about her sex life.

becky-steenhoek-bachelorette

She insists that when she complained about the treatment to her higher-up, she got fired after working with the franchise for a year and a half, and an offer to work on a later Bachelor spin-off got rescinded.

The 31-year-old alleges she was asked such questions as; "Is your vagina shaved?," "Have you ever sat under a shower faucet or touched yourself to masturbate?," and "Have you ever fondled [testicles] before?" according to L.A. Times.

She grew up in a Christian household, and such questioning made her uncomfortable.

Her suit seeks undisclosed damages for "sexual harassment, sex discrimination, retaliation, failure to prevent harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and wrongful termination."

But much like with the Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson BIP scandal, a later investigation proved there was no wrongdoing.

demario-corinne-engaged
Credit: ABC video still    

“We take all allegations of workplace harassment very seriously," Warner Bros. said in a statement after admitting they looked into Becky's allegations earlier this year.

“Our findings did not support the plaintiff’s characterization of the events claimed to have taken place, which is why we are disappointed by the filing of this lawsuit.”

However, Becky is not happy with this conclusion, and insists she shouldn't have been treated like a contestant on the show, but rather a crew member.

JoJo Fletcher’s Bachelorette 2016 contestants
Credit: Rick Rowell/ABC Television Group © 2016 Disney    

“I know what the show is about — that they push boundaries, have sex in the fantasy suite and there’s discussion about those things,” Becky, who moved from Los Angeles to Texas after her termination, said in a phone interview.

“However, I didn’t think that as a crew member that I would be asked those really intimate questions. I’m not a contestant on the show. I didn’t sign a contract basically signing my life over to the producers."

We still have yet to hear a comment from JoJo, her fiancé, Jordan Rodgers, host Chris Harrison or any of the Bachelor franchise's crew, but stay tuned to Wetpaint for updates!

 

Do you believe Becky's claims? Why do you think the Bachelor franchise is so riddled with controversy? Tell us in the comments.