To know Jenna Burke is to love her. The Brooklyn-based single gal isn’t just a hot babe with a killer blog (theoveranalyst.net), she’s also got a wicked sense of humor and a loyal sense of friendship.
Unfortunately, the world didn’t get to see all that during Jenna’s short-lived stint on Season 16 of The Bachelor. Reeling from nerves as well as a recent breakup, Jenna had just a wee bit too much to drink…and ended up sobbing her way through the first episode. Ben Flajnik gave her the benefit of the doubt, but it soon became clear they weren’t meant to be. She was eliminated not long after.
But life goes and, since then, Jenna’s gamely made fun of her on-screen antics. Her heart went out to Season 18 contestant Victoria Lima, however, when Victoria similarly over-served herself and promptly had a drunken meltdown on the show's Jan. 13 episode, screaming at producer Elan Gale before getting escorted to a hotel to sleep it off. The next morning, Juan Pablo Galavais was sympathetic, but sent her packing nonetheless.
Now, speaking exclusively with Wetpaint Entertainment, Jenna offers words of comfort and advice for Victoria. Here are here top five tips:
1) Be grateful: “At least Juan Pablo came to the hotel to have a heart-to-heart with you after your shenanigans,” Jenna notes. “Ben literally hid from me the next day!”
2) Own it: “There’s no need to be defensive,” says Jenna. “Embrace the train wreck. Being able to look back at it and laugh is the best medicine.”
3) Make use of the experience: “You’re going to be single for a while,” jokes Jenna. “No, seriously, tell the story when you’re on your next first date. It’s a great conversation starter. Really!”
4) No more yelling at Elan: Says Jenna, “he will literally be your therapist for life. So be nice to him.”
5) This too shall pass: “Don’t worry, another girl will come along and drink too much and make everyone forget about you. That’s who you are for me. So, thanks!”