One reason we love Bones is because it's filled with the perfect oddball ratio of humor to grossness, and we wouldn't have it any other way. The writers have dreamed up some hilarious lines over the years — especially for Brennan. We've pulled together 10 of our faves. (Of course, we have way more than 10 faves, so stay tuned for more!)
10. Of course he is! (Season 1, Episode 10, "The Woman at the Airport")
Bones (to Booth): You're ordering a prostitute from my cell phone?
9. Brennan's not the only one with sound reasoning skills (Season 1, Episode 11, "The Woman in the Car")
Brennan: Why don't we ever take my car?
Booth: Do you have bullet proof vests in the trunk? Brennan: No. Booth: That's why.
8. Brennan gets a popular saying wrong... yet again (Season 3, Episode 10, "The Man in the Mud")
Sheriff: Is she serious?
Brennan: As serious as a gas attack.
Booth: Heart attack, Bones. As serious as a heart attack.
7. At least she's honest! (Season 1, Episode 7, "The Man on Death Row")
Booth: Reason for wanting a gun?
Brennan: To shoot people.
Booth: Not a good response.
Brennan: It's the truth.
Booth: I'm writing "self-defense in the performance of my duties pursuing suspected felons as contracted out to the FBI."
Brennan: So I can shoot them.
6. He wasn't? (Season 1, Episode 19, "The Man in the Morgue")
Booth: Jesus was not a zombie!
5. Hear that Booth? Don't be sarcastic; it doesn't fly with Brennan (Season 1, Episode 13, "The Woman in the Garden")
Bones: Why would a gang leader cooperate?
Booth: I'm gonna ask him really, really nicely, Bones.
Bones: You know that book I'm reading about getting along with your co-workers? It says that sarcasm is never helpful. I can lend it to you if you want.
4. We want to take a shower just reading this! (Season 2, Episode 4, "The Blonde in the Game")
Brennan: He touched me with his creepy serial killer hands.
3. Maybe just a little to do with your ass, Bones? (Season 1, Episode 4, "The Man in the Bear")
Booth: You're a smart ass, you know that?
Bones: Objectively, I'd say that I'm very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass.
2. OMG, Hodgins invents a new word! (Season 2, Episode 13, "The Girl in the Gator")
Hodgins: I clicked on a pop-up and got caught in a pornado.
1. It's true: No one's scary when they appear to be crying (Season 1, Episode 19, "The Man in the Morgue")
Bones (to a suspect trying to put a voodoo curse on her): I find very few people scary once they have been poked in the eye.