1. The first cut of each episode is usually 8 to 10 minutes longer than the aired episode.
2. At the end of each season, the show stores its master tapes in a vault in the Kansas salt mines, 650 feet underground.
3. The earthquake/flood in the subway during Season 5, Episode 15, “The Bones on a Blue Line” was partially filmed at Universal Studios theme park. The interior of the subway car that Sweets is riding in was originally designed and built for Seinfeld.
4. The exploded bits of "flesh" on the cab in the bank robbery episode “The Goop on the Girl” are actually raspberry preserves.
5. Every time David Boreanaz (Seeley) is on camera (and in pants) he has craps dice, a brass Zippo lighter, and a St. Christopher's medal in his pockets.
Need your daily dose of Bones? “Like” us on Facebook!
For more fun facts about Bones:
- 10 Weird Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Bones
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About David Boreanaz
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Emily Deschanel