It’s hard to think of Bones’ Brennan (Emily Deschanel) as funny. Smart? Yes. Perfect for Booth (David Boreanaz)? Absolutely! But she’s not exactly the one you go to when you need a good chuckle — unless you prompt her to say something hilariously literal. How do you not laugh when someone admits they know they’re pretty? That’s our Brennan! Read on for some of the other ridiculous things Bones said in Season 6.
10. That’s, uh, great for you (Episode 2, “The Couple in the Cave”)
Brennan: So, I'm the only one living the life I expected.
Angela (Michaela Conlin): So how's that, honey?
Brennan: It's, uh, it's how I expected.
9. We must work on your self-esteem (Episode 11, “The Bullet in the Brain”)
Max: I don't believe this. So, Booth [David Boreanaz] has fallen in love with another woman?
Brennan: Her name is Hannah Burley.
Max: Well, that's a familiar name.
Brennan: She's a news correspondent.
Max: Oh, right, right. That girl. Well, you're a lot prettier than that. And smarter too.
Brennan: I know.
8. That’s one way to call someone an alcoholic (Episode 12, “The Sin in the Sisterhood”)
Brennan (to Booth): Should you call Hannah and ask her to join us? She enjoys drinking alcohol very much.
7. Gee, ya think? (Episode 10, “The Body in the Bag”)
Brennan: These [fake handbags] are beautiful. I can't tell they are counterfeit.
"Prada policeman" Eric Anderson: Which is why it's such a lucrative business.
Booth: Personally, I don't see the appeal.
Brennan: Status symbls are signifiers of the position one has in a social network, the same as the hyena bones worn by the Malawi tribeswomen. Although those are impossible to counterfeit.
6. You Tarzan. Me Jane. (Episode 1, “The Mastodon in the Room”)
Booth: You beat up armed guerillas?
Brennan: I had to. You weren't there to save me.
5. Eureka! (Episode 3, “The Maggots in the Meathead”)
Brennan: There are what are known as “guidos”! They gather at the Jersey Shore. The male bonding is near-homoerotic. The friends, or “bros,” are more important to them than family.
Angela: Right. And how do you know all of this?
Brennan: I stumbled across a compelling documentary about them. The anthropologist in me was fascinated. I’ve been studying their language and customs.
Angela: A documentary?
Brennan: Yes, on televsion.
Angela: Sweetie, just because it’s called “reality television,” it doesn’t mean it’s a documentary.
Brennan: I’m quite certain you are incorrect about that.
4. Must have been one hot librarian (Episode 6, “The Shallow in the Deep”)
Daisy (Carla Gallo): I don't want you to think that Lance [John Francis Daley] and I are dating, because we're not. That was purely accidental intercourse.
Brennan: You had intercourse accidentally? What were you trying to do, Miss Wick?
Daisy: I was returning a book.
Brennan: And your pants fell off?
3. Guy talk (Episode 16, “The Blackout in the Blizzard”)
Brennan (to Sweets): Booth needs to say something to you.
Sweets: No, he doesn’t.
Booth: Yeah, right, about earlier. Look, I’m sorry.
Sweets: It’s okay.
Brennan: What? What’s okay? Booth didn’t say anything.
Booth: We’re guys.
2. Probably not what she was referring to (Episode 4, “The Body and the Bounty”)
Angela: Because it's the dream of every kid in this country who likes science even a little bit.
Brennan: Well, I'm not a kid, I'm a fully grown adult.
Angela: OK, then do it for your inner child.
Brennan: If you're referring to a fetus, I, unlike you am not currently pregnant.
1. Interesting, indeed (Episode 1, “The Mastodon in the Room”)
Brennan (picking up a snake): I find it interesting that I'm only afraid of snakes when Booth is around to be jumped upon.
Need your daily dose of Bones? “Like” us on Facebook!
For more hilarious Bones quotes:
- Top 10 Funniest Quotes From “The Blackout in the Blizzard”
- Top 10 Funniest Quotes From “The Killer in the Crosshairs”
- Top 10 Funniest Quotes From “The Bikini in the Soup”
- Top 10 Funniest Quotes From “The Daredevil in the Mold”