Bones Season 7 Finale, Episode 13, “The Past in the Present” was a tense, taut hour of bone-chilling mystery. Pellant’s (Andrew Leeds) evidence against Brennan (Emily Deschanel) was so airtight even we entertained a shadow of a doubt that she might have done it.
Why not keep the drama going with the top 10 quotes of the week?
1. Brennan to Booth (David Boreanaz) on Baby Christine’s christening: Sprinkling water on her forehead seems like an excellent way to counteract the sins she apparently committed before birth.
Yikes, Brennan. Your cold, hyper-rational mind and sacred religious rituals do not mix.
2. Cam (Tamara Taylor) on a partially eaten corpse in the woods: All the internal organs are gone. This is like Thanksgiving dinner for all the animals out here.
Thanks for that, Cam — anyone know where we can order a Tofurky this year?
3. Brennan to Booth: A normal person like you wouldn’t understand how dangerous Ethan was to Pellant.
Um, and that’s not condescending at all, Brennan!
4. Angela (Michaela Conlin) reassuring herself and Brennan that she’s innocent: You wouldn’t kill anybody.
Brennan: I believe under certain circumstances I most certainly would kill.
Again, with the hyper-rational thinking. You’re not helping your case at all.
5. Booth: I love you the way you are, Bones.
Ouch. Just Ouch. You’re his baby mama, Brennan — show the man some love!
6. Angela on Pellant apparently framing Brennan: The evidence is going another way.
Booth: I’m the one who decides where the evidence goes and when.
That’s called tampering, Booth, and we do not approve.
7. Booth worried about the threat Pellant poses: What if he shows up at my house?
Caroline (Patricia Belcher): Then you shoot him in the eyeball.
Wait—what? No need to be flamboyant — just go for the killshot, Booth.
8. Hodgins (TJ Thyne): I just want to know how Pellant communicates with Skynet before he comes after me.
Terminator reference alert! Hogdins nerdiness makes our geek girl hearts grow three times as big.
9. Max (Ryan O’Neal): How much time does Tempy have?
Booth: Before they arrest her?
Max: No, before her first gray hair.
Brennan’s Dad breaks the tension with a little humor. Booth is not amused.
10. Brennan: I love you Booth. I don’t want you to think that Christine is the only reason we’re together.
Whew. We’re so glad that she made up for dissing Booth’s declaration of love earlier, but it would’ve meant a lot more had she not fled with their love child 30 seconds later. Just sayin, Brennan.
Need your daily dose of Bones? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.