Pretty Little Liars Burning Question: Who Did Ali Spill the Wrong Truth To?
The Pretty Little LiarsSeason 4 Halloween episode not only confirmed that Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse) is alive, but the Liars also got to talk to her for long enough to learn another cryptic clue. Or, more accurately, remind us of an old one.
In that scene, Ali said several noteworthy things. She told Hanna that the four Liars remember more about the night she disappeared than they think they do, and then she mentioned that "telling the truth to the wrong person at the wrong time is how I ended up where I am."
1. Someone from the N.A.T. club. The N.A.T. club and Ali clearly have a complicated, twisted history, and far too many of its members were around the night she disappeared for us to ever really trust them. Were they the reason she went into hiding?
2. CeCe. We know that CeCe can be very bad, and she and Ali were close. We could certainly see Ali opening up to her mentor in evil, only to discover it was completely the wrong move. CeCe could have turned on her, or betrayed her secret to someone else even more dangerous.
3. Wilden. Ali and Wilden were connected. Did she turn to him for help in a time of need, only to discover, as the Liars did later, that he was a corrupt cop?
4. Her mom. We're still not convinced Ms. DiLaurentis is just a mourning mother. This woman has a dark side, and we wouldn't be shocked to learn that she turned on Ali at some point in the past.
5. Board Shorts. Whoever this mystery man is, we know he and Aly shared a connection. Maybe she decided to give love a shot and allowed herself to get close, only for it to backfire, big time.
Who do you think Ali spilled the wrong truth to? Sound off in the comments below!
Catch the Pretty Little Liars Season 4 winter premiere on Tuesday, January 7, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Rebecca Martin is an Associate Editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, and genre TV expert. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!