Pretty Little Liars Canadian Promo Breakdown: Season 4, Episode 23 — “Unbridled”
With only two episodes left in Season 4 of Pretty Little Liars, and the promise of answers waiting to be fulfilled, we’re eager to glean every clue we can from the promos for Season 4, Episode 23 (“Unbridled”). What does the Canadian promo tell us about tonight’s episode? Here’s our full breakdown!
1. Jason is back. OK, we know from the synopsis that the elder DiLaurentis sibling would be back in tonight’s episode, but that different from actually seeing him. Granted, we can just see his shoulder in this promo and we’re not positive it’s him, but pretty sure he's who Spencer is chatting with at :01, when she says, “Isn’t it funny that you and I always have more in common than we think?” Sibling bonding, perhaps? Either way, we are so glad to have him back.
2. Spencer looks good in white. At :04, we see Spencer all dressed up in a wedding gown. Of course, she’s not actually getting married — it’s for Mrs. DiLaurentis’ bridal show — but she sure does pull the look off well. In the shot, Spence is looking glance behind herself as she stands in front of a mirror. Oh god, we’re not in for another snake-in-the-dressing-room scene, are we?
3. Are the cops after the Liars? At :05, we see Spencer telling the other Liars: “If the cops are going to question anybody, it’s gonna be me.” Is Spencer just being paranoid, or do the Liars have some reason to suspect the Rosewood police are after them? Perhaps, Detectives Tanner and Holbrook are following up on some of the questions they asked Hanna last week?
4. Mrs. DiLaurentis has had enough. At :08, Mrs. D. is getting testy. “Can we please just let my daughter rest in peace?” she asks. We’re not sure who she’s talking to, but we’d do what she says. After her after-dark skulking in Spencer’s room from last episode, we’re seriously scared of her.
5. Ali makes an exit. At :09, we see Ali do what she does best: make a dramatic exit. She stalks away from someone who is standing, blurry, in the background. It looks like Mrs. DiLaurentis, but it could be Mrs. Hastings? A Rosewood parental, definitely. But when is this from? A flashback, we assume. And what has caused Alison’s attitude?
6. Dean is worried about Spencer. Spencer’s hot live-in drug counselor is back in this week’s ep, and he’s worried about Spencer. Swoon! At :12, we see Dean tell Spencer to “Be careful.” Does he know something about the “A” game, or is he warning about the perils of falling off of the sobriety bandwagon? Probably the latter. Either way, concern looks good on him.
7. Emily finds an “A” plant. At :14, Emily and Spencer are in Spence’s car when Emily spots something hidden in the vehicle: it seems to be a photo negative strip with the image of a girl on it. Though the girl’s face is darkened beyond recognition, the silhouette looks a lot like Ali. (She has distinctive hair.) We’re guessing “A” planted that there to fuel Spencer’s freak out that she hurt Ali?
8. Mrs. D. busts Ashley Marin. Things get real awkward at :16 when Mrs. DiLaurentis catches Ashley snooping around Alison’s old room. “Does this look like a guest room to you?” Mrs. D. barks at Hanna’s mom from the doorway. Yikes! Get out of there, Mrs. Marin!
9. Spencer’s leaving the party. At :18, we see Spence peering out of the doorway as the bridal show goes on behind her, followed by a shot of Spencer following someone through the woods. We can’t make out the hooded figure, but this situation looks mega-dangerous.
10. Emily’s laying down the law. We love that Em has taken charge in the wake of Spencer’s breakdown. At :19, we hear her demand, presumably of Spencer: “You need to tell us what happened that night.” If only she could remember, Em. If only she could remember.
11. Spencer shocks the other Liars. At :20, Spencer genuinely shocks her friends when she puts something onto the table in front of them. This might be after she went on her walk through the woods, as they are all at the bridal show and Spence looks suitably freaked out. Did Spencer find something in the woods? Something related to night of Ali’s disappearance? Whatever it is, the other Liars look on in horror.
Check it out for yourself!
Catch this episode of Pretty Little Liars tonight, March 11 at 8 p.m. ET.
Kayti Burt is a contributing writer for Wetpaint Entertainment with a penchant for all things pop culture. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!