Last night’s season premiere of Castle was the ultimate mixture of sexy and suspense, topped with a delectably serious undertone. From Casket’s official night-after talk to the hunt for the person behind Beckett’s shooting, a lot of humor in this episode was upstaged by some rather endearing moments that made our hearts swoon.
Check out this week’s top quotes from Season 5, Episode 1, “After the Storm,” and let us know your favorites in the comments below!
10. Castle (about Alexis): It’s her first hangover. I mean, this is a milestone. It’s a right of passage.
Such a proud parent.
9. Beckett (to Castle): I know I never would have gotten this far without you.
Aww, how cute!
8. Castle: Captain Gates, I can personally vouch for that.
Gates: I am not interested, Mr. Castle, as you specialize in fiction.
True, but remember that fiction has solved many NYPD cases. Just sayin’.
7. Castle: Yes, I’m grasping at straws. Because if that file is gone, that means they’re coming after you and there is absolutely nothing I can do. So, yes, if there is a straw, I’m grasping.
A knight in Castle armor.
6. Beckett: So are you here to apologize for hiding me in your closet?
You can skip the hellos at this point. Next time, bring flowers.
5. Gates: The fact is I admire your loyalty. I hope you feel that for me someday.
Sure, minus the whole rogue cop debacle.
4. Beckett (to Senator Bracken): That’s going to leave a nasty scar. Every time you see it, think of me.
Hell hath no fury like a Beckett scorned!
3. Beckett (to Castle): Made you a coffee.
You owe Castle at least one per five seasons.
2. Castle: So it wasn’t a dream?
Beckett: No, you definitely … (giggles) weren’t dreaming
1. Castle: If we got murdered right now, I’d feel so ripped off.
Beckett: Yeah, me too.
Castle: At least we had last night. We should have done that four years ago.
Insert “we told you so” here.