Monday’s all-new Castle had everything we know and love about our favorite NYC crime-fighters: a plot filled with secrets, suspense, and a handshake for the record books. And with that, this week’s top quotes didn’t disappoint, either.
Check out the top quotable moments of the week. Did your top quote not crack our list? Sound off with your favorites in the comment section.
10. Castle: Long Island Expressway. Literary Institute of Excellence. Love is everything. Oh, did I just say that? I’m getting soft.
Love is in the air...
9. Beckett: Stay out of my stuff, Castle.
Castle: Need I remind you, I’ve already seen your stuff.
8. Castle: You are so going to owe me for this.
Beckett: I don’t know if the department’s gonna be able to reimburse you for all of this.
Castle (whispers): That’s not the owing I mean.
Castle, you minx, you.
7. Beckett: Take your hand off your tool, Marco!
Nope, can’t hold back the laughter.
6. Esposito: Who knew that Gates had a softer side? It’s, um …
Ryan: Creepy. Very, very creepy.
All it took was a collectible doll to tame the beast? Interesting.
5. Beckett: What are you doing with 2 grand in your pocket?
Castle: I’m a best-selling author. Why wouldn’t I have 2 grand in my pocket?
When did that become the norm?
4. Beckett: He’s a reminder that even on the worst days, there’s a possibility for joy.
Something to always keep in mind.
3. Castle: I’ve worked a lot of murder cases, waiting patiently for the day I could unequivocally exclaim, "The Butler did it!"
Things are now coming full-circle for our mystery writer.
2.Castle: I so wish I could kiss you right now.
Beckett: Yeah, I know.
Immediately followed by …
1. Castle (extending hand toward Beckett): This is me, softly touching your face, pulling you in for a long, slow kiss.
Beckett: And this is me kissing you back, running my hands through your hair.
Castle: Best handshake ever.
We will never think of a handshake the same way again.