Anatomy of an Outfit from ''Pretty Dead''
Beckett's outfit is a nice winter-to-spring or summer-to-fall transition look for the cooler months when you still need outerwear, but you want it to be, you know, cute. Switch out Becketts smart slacks for some bootcut jeans in a deep indigo hue with a heavy crease down the front that make them look downright professional.
Keep things light up top with a fitted blazer and a lightweight cashmere turtleneck. If things heat up during, shed the jacket and you’ll still be comfy. A couple well-placed accessories and a stacked heel shoe are the finishing touches. Steal Beckett’s classy-casual look. Here’s how:
1. Base your outfit around a camel-colored, lightweight cashmere turtleneck. Wool Blend Turtleneck sweater, $168
2. Pair it with a pair of slim, bootcut jeans in a dark wash, to better give the illusion of slacks. Moto Indigo Boot Cut Jeans, $80
3. Add height — and some sexiness — with a T-Strap Platform, $108
4. A lightweight navy blazer with a schoolboy patch pulls it together. School Boy Ponte Blazer, $110
5. Red lipstick’s been done to death; add some edge with a swipe of magenta color. MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town, $15