When playing her no-nonsense cop character Kate Beckett on Castle, Stana Katic usually opts for dark eyeliner and eyeshadow — reflecting the darkness of the twisted murders she solves in the seedy underbelly of New York City.
In real life, the Ontario native also plays up her big brown eyes, but she does so to turn on the charm, not intimidate the suspects.
Here's how to recreate Stana's mesmerizing makeup in five easy steps!
1. Add a concealing eye primer to cover dark circles and set the stage for illuminating eye shades. Try Mark Please Hold Eye Primer, $8.
2. Apply a light shimmer eyeshadow to lids, inner corners of eyes, and along lower lash line. We like L'Oreal Wear Infinite Single Eye Shadow in "Shroom Shimmer," $4.50.
3. Apply a thin layer of black liquid eyeliner across the top lashes only. Maybelline Line Stiletto in "Black," $6, is a good pick.
4. Curl lashes for added pop! For best results, use CoverGirl's Deluxe Eyelash Curler, $6.
5. Finish off the look with two coats of lengthening and volumizing black mascara. We recommend CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion in "Very Black," $6.75.