It’s no surprise Castle’s season premiere was chock full of both snarky and heartwarming quotes. Not only was the 12th precinct struggling with the aftermath of Beckett’s shooting, they also had to tackle the murder of a celebutante, a mysterious sniper and one very strict new bosslady – which makes for quite a mixed bag of emotions.
Whether silly or serious, “Rise” was full of quotable moments. Take a look at our top picks from Season 4, Episode 1:
12. Castle: We’ll talk tomorrow.
Beckett: Do you mind if we don’t?
11. Ryan: So what are you saying, Dale, you sleep shot her?
Stranger things have happened.
10. Beckett: Showing her up with the mayor? You may as well have beaten a beehive with a bat.
Sounds about right!
9. Alexis: You need to grow up, Dad. You’re a writer, not a cop. Stop pretending.
Harsh, but true.
8. Victoria Gates: Detective. You or that pal there embarrass me like that again, I will bury you.
Is that an appropriate way to talk to someone who just almost died?
7. Castle: I only let her kick me out because there was no reason to stay.
Castle: She’ll take me back.
6. Esposito: Hey, he’s paranoid. But right.
Well, that’s comforting
5. Castle: Guess we’re gonna have to take these guys down [pause] ... Doesn’t mean I’m not still mad.
Oh, the things we do for love
4. Beckett; Castle, wait.
Castle: I did. Three months. You never called.
3. Ryan: Drummer from Particle Equation. They’ve been dating for six months. People magazine, what?
Cops: They’re just like us!
2. Gates: Look, I don’t know what kind of shop Montgomery was running here, but it will be a cold day in hell if I let a cop – any cop – investigate their own shooting.
It’s gettin’ cold in here
1. Beckett: I lied. Before.
Psychiatrist: What do you remember?
Beckett: I remember everything.
Oh no she didn’t!