The latest Castle did not disappoint. Even with catastrophe looming around every corner (a sniper shooting, Beckett’s freaky flashbacks), the 12th precinct knew how to handle all the adversity: with a little dollop of good humor.
8. Gates: Ford's not our man.
Beckett: Are you sure?
Gates: I think I know how to check an alibi.
You don’t get to the top of the precinct filing paperwork and fetching coffee. (Sorry, Castle!)
7. Beckett: Do you know what he has that most men don’t have?
Castle: A Josh Groban CD?
... Or moobs?
6. Castle: We're gonna catch this guy.
Beckett: Yeah, like we caught the guy who shot me.
Beckett: the Eternal Optimist
5. Castle: I know what the paper dolls mean!
Gates: Mr. Castle, now is not the time for your theatrics.
He get it from his mama
4. Castle: Can I just say this school of yours is worth every penny?
Money well spent
3. Beckett: Roger has the most incredible ... resistance band.
Castle: ... Resistance band? Is that what I think it is?
Beckett [smirking]: ... It’s for strength training. He’s my physical therapist.
We see what she did there!
2. Castle: Somebody out there is just waking up not knowing they’re about to be murder number three.
Alexis: I think I just decided to skip school today.
Bright girl, she is
1. Castle: Just looking for my partner. Pretty girl. Thinks she can leap tall buildings in a single bound, carries the weight of the world on her shoulders, yet still manages to laugh at some of my jokes.
Beckett: Sounds like a handful.
Especially that last part