December is rife with traditions and along with the exchanging of gifts and eating of sweets there’s one particular rite we long look forward to: Barbara Walters and her list of the year’s most fascinating people.
So who made the cut this time around? Some of the choices may seem surprising but we’ve done what we can to explain Barbara’s fascination with certain celebs.
Now in no particular order, here are nine of Barbara’s top ten for 2013:
1. Pope Francis: He’s the Pope so there's that.
2. The Duck Dynasty flock: Barbara just wants to know their personal grooming regimens.
3. Miley Cyrus: This year, she came in like a wrecking ball and it’s time to take stock of the damage.
4. Diana Nyad: Swimming all the way from Cuba to Florida definitely deserves a little one-on-one time with Barbara.
5. Jennifer Lawrence: Because J.Law.
6. Edward Snowden: The State Department might like to know how you tracked Edward down for an interview, Barbara.
8. Robin Roberts: The Good Morning America anchor has had one heck of a year, so a little girl time with a fellow iconic journalist is very much in order.
9. Prince George: What will he have to say?!
Barbara’s keeping her final most fascinating person a secret until the show debuts on Wednesday, December 18 at 9:30 p.m. ET. Got your own ideas on who she picked? We’re all ears. Post your picks in the comments below.
Source: ABC News