Cory Monteith Death: Alcohol and Substances Reportedly Found in His Room
Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images    


Cory Monteith Death: Alcohol and Substances Reportedly Found in His Room

When Cory Monteith (Finn) was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on July 13, rumors immediately flew that the Glee star had died of a drug overdose. The 31-year-old had just completed his second trip to rehab about a month ago; leaving at the end of April. Vancouver Police will release his autopsy and toxicology report later this week, so until then, there is no confirmation as to cause of death.

However, E! News is reporting information from an unnamed source who tells them that “numerous amounts of alcohol” and other yet to be identified substances were found in Cory’s hotel room. It’s important to note that this information has not been confirmed officially.

E! continues that Cory had reportedly been "partying with his friends" at a "least one club" in Vancouver on the night of Friday, July 12. Hotel staff discovered his body the next day after Cory failed to check out of his room on time.

"Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact," the source tells E!.

The source continues that no one is making assumptions about the unidentified substances yet. We'll be watching for the medical report to know for sure.

It’s a lot to take in. But for now, we're waiting for official reports before any big conclusions are drawn. Any way you look at it, this story is still absolutely heartbreaking.

E! News

For all the latest news and updates on Cory Monteith’s death, click here.

07.15.2013 / 12:00 AM EDT by Beth Douglass
Related: Glee, Celebrity Deaths, Cory Monteith, Cory Monteith Rehab

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0