Cory Monteith Death Investigation Is Over: Was It an Accidental Overdose?
Credit: Janet Mayer/Splash News    


Cory Monteith Death Investigation Is Over: Was It an Accidental Overdose?

That's a wrap on the Cory Monteith (Finn) death investigation. Vancouver police have completed looking into the Glee star’s July 13 death, and they confirmed to reporters late in the day on July 16 that Cory did die of an accidental overdose.

The Hollywood Reporter conveys the news, which comes just hours after the British Columbia coroners office revealed the results of Cory's autopsy: that he died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.”

According to police, Cory was alone in his hotel room when he consumed the heroin and alcohol cocktail that killed him.

“It was pretty clear that there was no struggle, no evidence of foul play, and that there was evidence in the room ... consistent with drug use,” a police spokesman told reporters late Tuesday.

The Vancouver police consider the investigation to be concluded, and they will not pursue trying to discover who supplied Cory with the heroin. However, because heroin is an illegal drug, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police could take over the investigation if they so choose.

Joining Cory at local Vancouver bars on Friday night were three companions, one man and two women. Police have released all three of them from any further questioning.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

07.16.2013 / 12:00 AM EDT by Beth Douglass
Related: Glee, Celebrity Deaths, Cory Monteith, Cory Monteith Rehab

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0