UPDATE: It’s official: Glee’s Cory Monteith (Finn) did, in fact, die of a drug overdose. TV Line reports that Cory died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” This comes from the British Columbia Coroners Office’s initial autopsy report, which was released on July 16. More details here!
The Vancouver coroner in charge of Cory Monteith’s (Finn) autopsy has completed the process, and the results could come as early as Tuesday, July 16.
“It was done today, and that included taking samples for toxicology,” B.C. Coroner Services spokeswoman Barb McLintock tells The Hollywood Reporter. Once the results are in, we will officially know what caused Cory’s tragic and sudden death.
However, if the results of the autopsy prove inconclusive, additional tests may be required. This would delay the announcement of Cory’s official cause of death. In addition, Cory’s family will be informed of the results before anything is revealed to the public. “We don’t want them reading stuff in the newspaper or on websites first,” Barb says.
Vancouver police have been firm that there was no foul play involved in Cory’s death. Barb declined to speculate as to whether or not it may have been a drug overdose. For now, all we can do is wait. But answers are coming soon.